Thursday, January 13, 2011

More Mocking Material

Last year I posted a little something that got a lot of feedback. Mainly feedback like, "HA! You're going to eat your words!", and "You have nooo idea.", and things of that nature. But, it's been nearly a year and I've thought of several other things I'd like to add to that original list.

And, if you don't know, I quite like the taste of my foot in my mouth.

So, in the same fashion as the last list I want to give a disclaimer to all mommies that may read this: These are just my opinions and I don't judge you for doing any of these things. My opinions are of no merit and are typically not the norm, so carry on and don't be mad! I will also copy and paste this disclaimer from the first list: I'm just a naive, clueless, non-parent that I'm sure is in for a rude awakening. So, mock away; I give you permission.

And don't worry about throwing these things in my face when I am a parent one day. I am pretty sure my sisters have the first list printed, framed, and ready to give to me at my baby shower. (Better go buy another frame, sisters!) But you are more than welcome to join them in their fun.

So, enough rambling. Here we go....



1. I will not, under any circumstances, have stick people on my car.

stick people
Boogers? Really?
 2. I am against words on my babies' clothing. There will be no "My Mom Rocks" onesies, bibs, or t-shirts. Words belong in books, blogs and newspapers, and not on clothing.

funny_onesies_bg
Yeah these aren't funny or cute.

il_570xN_188842431
But I did maybe chuckle at this one.
 3. Cartoon characters - especially Winnie the Pooh and any/all Looney Toons - will also not be on my child's clothing or in their nursery. Not even when they get old enough to request their favorite cartoon's apparel. Nope, so sorry.

4. I'm not into soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. So, if my kid has an interest in playing a sport they'll need to talk to Daddy. & I'll go to their first games maybe, but by no means am I going to every single game! I hate even going to John's softball games! If you aren't playing professional football, I don't have any interest in watching your sport. I love you though!

blog4
Don't be sad! I'll let you tell me allll about it when you get home!
5. Leashes are not for children. If I have a runner, I might have to eat my words about the stroller comment on the last list. Strollers > leashes.

6. I will not blog only about my child. I hope to have a good mixture of what I blog about now, plus baby thrown in here and there. This is Life of Lacey, not Exclusively Life of Lacey's Child.


& that's all I can think of for now. I'll be sure to add to the list as I think of more.  So go ahead & let me have it. I have on my bullet proof vest and I can take it! Which rule of mine will I be breaking first?
.
.

3 comments:

The Beane's said...

HAHA

I totally agree with 1, 3, and 5 (especially number 5!)
but number 2... you will get tons of onsies with words. Be prepared.
I am super excited about 4 =)
And good luck with number 6... when everything you do revolves around your child, there isn't much left to blog about.

Can't wait to see how many of these and those last ones you break!! =)

Missy said...

Lacey, You totally crack me up! Love it!

MillerMama said...

Oh, I loathe those stick people! And the similar ones that people get for their kids' sports with their names on them.