Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Vince!

146


As of today, December 19th, 2010, I officially have a nephew that is a teenager. It's a really weird thing to me, since I can remember answering the phone when my sister called to share the pregnancy news when I was just a freshman in high school. & you would think that since my memory is so awful that there is no way that I could remember something from 13 years ago. But I'm afraid it's true, and for the first time, I officially feel old(ish).

As I shared on facebook today:
The movie Titanic was released 13 years ago today. Coincidentally, my nephew Vince was born while I was watching it. Happy Birthday Vince!
Which is true. I cried and cried that night because my family was all at the hospital and I was spending the night at a friend's house after the movie and couldn't get to the hospital to be among the first to meet my nephew.

It is so hard to believe that you are no longer playing with play phones and you're texting away on a real one.

1999
(I realize that is his iTouch and not his phone...just play along because I couldn't find a picture of him with his cell phone!)
It's hard to believe I was once a baby holding you, and now you are a baby holding a new baby.

1997

It's hard to believe you used to smile on queue, and now we have to "catch" you or beg you in order to get a real smile out of you.

Recently Updated3

And even harder to believe, is the fact that in a few years we will be watching you wear a hat like this of your very own and not your Uncle Colt's.

scan0075
I'm excited to see where your life will take you because you have the intelligence in order to do great things. But, if you don't mind, will you do it a a bit of a slower pace than these first 13 years? It would be much appreciated!

Hope you have a wonderful 13th birthday Vince! And since I'm just out of my teenaged years myself (wink wink) let me give you this one piece of advice: have fun and be smart! These will be some of your most favorite years.

Love you!
Aunt Lacey
.
.

No comments: