Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010: A Year in Review

2010

As is normal for this time of year, many bloggers are writing up a year in review. Sorta like the cliffs notes of their year...in case you hadn't been paying attention to what they have been saying the last 364 days. I thought I might follow suit and do a review on the Life of Lacey: 2010 since there are a few of you who only look at the pictures [coughJohncough]. Anyways, I am hoping it all comes across as significant, symbolic, important and sentimental as some of the other ones that I've read have been. I can only hope to match up to their skills.

&, in order to make it more Lacey-fied, I figured I'd do this in list form including pictures (of course).

The year 2010. There were highs and lows. Bigs and smalls. Skinnies and boot legs. There were some great moments, and some not so great moments. Moments that I will undoubtedly repeat in 2011, and moments that were so horrendous that they have been donated for someone else to make the best of.

But when it comes to choosing what items would make up my list of favorite things of 2010 and my list of my least favorite things of 2010, I went with the facts. You can't argue with the facts. And as you know, I am an excellent record keeper of all facts of this regard. So without further ado, my 2010....


The Favorites of 2010

It really surprised me what the favorite things were from 2010. I thought I was more fun than this. I thought my favorite things would be things that stood out more in my mind or brought back wonderful memories of the year. But, I can't argue with the facts. And the facts produced a three-way tie of my favorite things of 2010.

Recently Updated4

Each having been worn 7 times in 2010, the three favorite things are these 3 cardigans. Cardigans? Really? That's what I wore the most in 2010? But, to give proper credit, we have a lovely gray Old Navy cardigan in long sleeves, a white Mossimo (that means Target) short-sleeved cardigan, and a lovely ribbed New York and Company teal cardigan with 3/4 sleeves.

But sheesh I'm such a bore!


The Least Favorites of 2010

There were several zeroes on my spreadsheet for the year and many of those things have been donated. But, to make this actually be about the year 2010, I decided to only include the things that were actually worn this year. & out of 15 or items worn one time each, these three rounded out the bottom.

Recently Updated5

First, we have this turquoise and tan floweredy shirt from New York and Company which I feel like is grannyish. So I only wore it once.

Then, there's this bright blue cardigan from Express. I can't ever find anything to wear with this one, and, even more importantly this cardigan is open at the bottom (a.k.a. tummy area) which is typically the part you want to cover up and not the area you want to showcase. Hence, why it was only worn once.

Finally, this green shirt I got from Marshall's. I really loved it and it's crocheted (is that crocheted? I don't know if that's the right word) neck line, but I didn't follow directions after the first time I wore it.

Recently Updated6

You see how it's all flappied over? That's cause I just tossed it in the washer with everything else. Oops, silly me.

& that my friends, was my 2010. I just get so emotional thinking about it. I hope that your year was just as wonderful, and that you can learn to love the lows (think: granny shirt) so that your highs are just that much more appreciated. I know it's out of character for me to get all Socrates on you, but, this is important stuff. Let's all take a minute to soak in the beautifulness that was

twenty

ten.
.
.

2 comments:

MillerMama said...

You crack me up! Funny enough - this was totally the year of the cardigan for me, and I have THAT SHIRT from Marshall's in a different color! I had to buy a second one because my hubby's stepdad shrunk the first one when we were living with my inlaws after I'd only worn it once. Obviously it's quite delicate!

Missy said...

Great post, I am obsessed with the cardigans too! lol I have a few striped ones from Forever 21 that are awesome! Great for work and casual environments.
Happy New Year!