Sunday, October 3, 2010

49. Go to a fair - CHECK!

From my 101 in 1001 list, #49 - Go to a fair - CHECK!

Two weeks ago I went to the Cabarrus County Fair in Concord, North Carolina with my BFF Amy. Despite some ridiculous traffic and extremely long lines, we still had a great time! Next year we will know that going on a Saturday night isn't the best idea and a week night might be better crowd wise. Who woulda thunk?!

Unfortunately for Amy, I made a new BFF while I was there. His name is Rufus.

fair2

I've always wanted a BFF with an under bite. Love you Rufus!

Luckily for Amy though, I decided that I still had room in my friendship-o-meter for her too. So I stuck with her and rode some rides and ate some fair food. Plus, they couldn't get Rufus strapped in the rides anyways. Amy and I were strapped in, thankfully, though, 'cause I was a wittle scaredy cat on this swing thing! I call it the double-swing-a-majig-way-up-in-the-sky-mobile! 

fair1


After riding a couple of rides our last mission à la fair was to get some good old fashioned fair food. To me that means anything deep fried. And this fair did not disappoint.
fair
I went with the deep fried Snickers and have never been so in love with anything in my life.

Well, except maybe Rufus. Well, and Amy. And John. And my family. But, next to those things, deep fried Snickers holds a special place in my cholesterol loving heart.

It looked like a corn dog - on a stick and everything. But the surprise inside was so much better than the meaty, cornmealy insides of a corn dog. (Trust me, I also had one of these at the fair just for comparison purposes.) The inside is an explosion of melty chocolaty, nutty, caramely goodness.

& I will definitely come back for that goodness next year. Only 11 months to go - I should make a paper chain to count down the days...

Any other fair food I should give a try next year?

3 comments:

MillerMama said...

I absolutely llove llamas.

I also love fair food - my faves: corndogs, walking tacos, the handcut fries with lots of ketchup and vinegar, sugar waffles and apple dumplings. Oh and the big cups sweet tea where you get a wooden token when you buy one, and then when you get 4 you get a free tea!

Andrea said...

I love reading your blog...you always make me laugh!

Amelia said...

Wow...I can only imagine how good that fried snickers must have been...I wonder if I could make my own? I think this 101 in 1001 thing sounds great!