Monday, August 23, 2010

Marathon Down Memory Lane

For the first time in the 6 years that John and I have lived together, John was away Saturday night which left the house to me and me alone. It was mahhhvelous.

(Yes, he honestly hasn't gone out of town or anything the entire time we've been together (besides impromptu nights when he can't drive home). It's always me doing the leaving and vacationing and leaving the bed in it's entirety to him. Finally I got to experience the entire bed-ness to myself and I ended up staying on my half the entire night. Sigh.)

So I decided I should accomplish a weekend project since there would be no one around to interrupt or sway me into doing something else. The project at hand I dubbed - Marathon Down Memory Lane. The Mama actually said to me, "Have fun on your walk down memory lane" after I told her what I was doing...but a walk it was not. A marathon is definitely more appropriate.

Cause I decided to organize some pictures. FORTY years worth of pictures. And I know I've mentioned it a couple times here before, but I essentially had to start over cause my scanner is dumb. But, no biggie right? I mean how many pictures could a family possibly have over 40 years?

So many that Reese, my trusty sidekick, knocked out after only a couple of years. He didn't even make it 1 decade!

(and just so you know...I took these pictures prematurely, cause those boxes there on the bottom left, yeah those...they are full of pictures too. & at this point I hadn't gotten to those yet!)


& I guess forty years is over-estimating a bit, cause the last 6-7 years have been digital and those don't need sorting (or printing for that matter.) But, I am not exaggerating when I say I spent the entire day Saturday and the majority of Sunday working on this. And today I'm left with carpet burn, and an achy back and shoulders. Who's bright idea was it to do this on the floor? Oh, me, right. No one else was there to help sway my decision.

But I got a lot accomplished. I have 90% of the pictures in their appropriate year stack, and when I make amends with my scanner I'll be ready to scan them all in.

Then, if I'm feeling up to it, I want to go through and get rid of red eyes, and fix the lighting in the over-exposed, orangey prints from the 80's. And once all that's done, I'm making copies for my siblings so we will all have copies.


So, in order to get all of that done, I'm going to need to ship John off next weekend as well. Anybody have a guest room that John could make use of?

1 comment:

Missy said...

Wow Kudos to you on this project, I think I would have started and gotten halfway thru and quit! lol
Good job!