Saturday, July 10, 2010

Overpacking

I'm back! Did it not seem like I was gone? Well that was because I had scheduled all of those blogs to post in my absence! So instead of last minute packing the night before my beach vacation, I was last minute blogging. Dedication, I tell you!

Anyways, I will tell you all about the vacation later. As in: after I download pictures and edit them. For now, I just wanted to share this little factoid.

Overpacking. It can cause a lot of extra baggage. (Ha...thank you Mrs. Obvious!) But, nobody does it quite as well as my husband John.

We just got home a few hours ago and I went ahead and started our laundry. I asked John which of his clothes were the clean ones (AKA the overpacked ones) versus the dirty ones. His reply: "The ones in the suitcase are all clean." I was happy he at least kept the cleans and dirties separate this vacation since that has been a problem in the past.

So, I take the suitcase upstairs, unzip it, and this is what I find:

That is a carry-on sized suitcase that is FULL of clean, unworn clothes. I can only imagine how full it was when the clothes he did wear were crammed in there too.

There has to be a support group for this behavior. Maybe I should ask my sister Joy, who must be a member herself! ;)

1 comment:

Joy said...

Well Miss perfect packer.....I may be a member of the overpackers club but only became a member after underpacking ONCE and never turned back: -) I love the feeling of knowing That I gave covered all of the possibilities. ..rain, cold, needing 2 outfits in one day, etc etc etc. :-) it is a very comforting feeling and I am fully unpacked now already! LOL!!