Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 8: Junk in the Trunk

This is the eighth day of 'Lacey's More Funner 30 Days of Blogging' which I talked about here. I'm pretty sure I'm just setting myself up to fail, but I'll give it a try!

DAY 8: THE ITEMS IN MY JUNK DRAWER

Don't get too excited...mine really isn't all that fun. I recently read a blog that talked about doing a junk drawer challenge. It involved finding something fun for your kids to do (or I'm sure in my case the cats would be entertained too!) by just digging through your junk drawer. While hers was way fun (and she even included an "I Spy" picture on her blog!), mine is, well, not so much.

But oh flippin' well, cause that's the dedicated blog topic of the day and I'm sticking to it!

My drawer is just one of these little guys, the very top one, and includes a couple of those organizer basket thingies:


In it, you will find...

41, yes FORTY-ONE writing utensils. Which is over-compensation on my part, I think, cause growing up the junk drawer at our house NEVER had any pens or pencils. They always mysteriously disappered...
In the office supplies department, we have (1) calculator, (1) ruler, (2) mini pads o' paper, (2) rolls of tape, several AA and AAA batteries, and (1) tape measure.

In the pyromaniacs department, we have (17) books of matches including one from a hotel in Germany where I stayed when I was just a wee 16 year old, and (1) lighter. Please, no smoking near our junk drawer, I wouldn't want an explosion of fire to occur.

In the grocery department, we have (2 1/2) rolls of Mentos, and (5) packets of various Chinese Food sauces.

Perhaps my very most favorite item, is this fuzzy pencil man which my sister Christy (you know, the crafty one) made for me when I was a even wee-er child around the age of 9, I'd say. I don't know how this ended up in this drawer originally, but I do know that it stays in the drawer because our kitty Reese really loves to play with him.

In the miscellaneous papers department, we have (1) menu book for our slider pan, (2) instruction manuals for Pampered Chef items (one of which is a spatula...do I really need to keep the instructions for a SPATULA) and (1) Lego birthday party invitation dated May 8, 2010.

In the hardware/miscellaneous department we have (2) flashlights, (1) glass chalk marker, (1) de-cat hair mitten, (1) pocket knife, (1) expired Target coupon, (2) Bi-Lo bonus cards, (1) deck of cards, (1) empty Bath and Body Works Wallflower, (1) glasses cleaner cloth, and (1) empty sunglasses bag.



And that would be all, folks. Not so junky after all. But, I think it's all relative...just like with purses, if you have a bigger drawer/purse you seem to find more junk to put in it.

Any fun stuff in your junk drawer?

No comments: