Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 5: Those Were the Days

This is the fifth day of 'Lacey's More Funner 30 Days of Blogging' which I talked about here. I'm pretty sure I'm just setting myself up to fail, but I'll give it a try!

DAY 5: POST AN OLD PICTURE AND SOME COMMENTARY


This picture is dated August 10, 1987. It is my older sister Christy's birthday and I am only 5 years old. We are in our new house and have just moved in that year.

In Christy's hair is homemade confetti. To the far left of the picture is me. In my hand is a cup. In the cup is my homemade SURPRISE confetti. On my face is total enjoyment. On Christy's face is annoyance love for her baby sister.

In the bottom right corner is the top of my brother's head...he's 3. In front of him is Christy's birthday cake. My Mama looks like she is standing by in the top right corner to begin lighting candles after I'm done with my surprise.

I can remember this so clearly even without the picture. I remember coming up with the idea and being so excited to shower her with confetti. I wuved my big sissie. It's crazy how it all seems like it was just yesterday.

Her birthday is coming up soon...maybe she would like another surprise confetti shower!

No comments: