Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 29: In Case I Left You Wondering...

This is the twenty-ninth day of 'Lacey's More Funner 30 Days of Blogging' which I talked about here. The end is in sight....

DAY 29: UPDATE OLD BLOG POSTS

When we last chatted about my giant sunflower, I knew it was finally going to bloom any day now. The only problem was that I was leaving a few days later for vacation and if the sunflower didn't hurry I was going to miss it. Well, it didn't hurry. It did bloom while we were gone, but my BFF and cat-sitter friend Amy happened to notice it blooming one day we were gone and texted me a picture of it.

It's a good thing she did, because by the time we got back home, it had already begun to droop and would never gain it's posture back again. And the next weekend, impulsive John chopped down the beanstalk and it's now gone. So yeah, we never even got to see it bloom.

------------------

When I first got my new camera in May, I was determined to read books to learn how to use it. Turns out, I am going to need more hands on instruction...at least to get started. So I'm going to a class Thursday night which is supposed to teach me the basics - aperture, shutter speed, exposure, etc. - and how to use them. I'm nervous, cause I'm going by myself and I don't want to be forced to talk to anyone, but I'm gonna put on my big girl pants and go anyways. Otherwise, I'm really not getting my money's worth out of this camera!

------------------

My sister Christy sent me an email one day that said I was famous. Apparently one of my blog posts was featured on another blog she reads, dollarstorecrafts.com. Pretty cool, huh? And even though that was posted a couple of months ago, I still get at least a few visits from her blog every day! Hello, fellow budget wedding planners!

------------------

The Christmas lights are STILL there. And as I was driving through with my sisters and mom one day, they pointed out that duct tape was used to hang the lights, and it was also still stuck all along the edge of the roof. How on Earth did I not see that the first 10 times?

------------------

I did actually do it again. We went to the all-star race in May and although it threatened to rain early in the day, it never actually did, whew! It was a night race and was pretty fun. I still stand by the fact that the fun part is just the tailgating and not the actual race.


And this was the day that I decided I NEEDED a new camera. When it got dark, I was trying to take some pictures of the track and such and none of the pictures were coming out. The lights were all blurred and I could see the people in front of us had a nice camera and all of their pictures were nice. This was the best I could get, and this was after 394825 takes.

------------------

The "gyceem cuck" did actually come down my street again. My nieces happened to be over the night it came and I let them pick out anyyyything they wanted from the ice cream truck. Lindsay picked a tweety bird popsicle and Lori went with Scooby Doo. They both had gumballs for eyes which they thought was pretty awesome.


They were awful - the popsicles, not my nieces. Neither of them liked the ice cream, and so I suggested that they just go ahead and chew the gum instead. The gum was even gross. They weren't lying either...I tried to not waste the ice cream and finish them up myself and I couldn't even eat them.

Note to self: encourage them order normal things from the ice cream truck next time. Think: push pops, ice cream sandwiches, choco tacos, etc.

------------------

Your prayers worked. Thank you!

------------------

Do you feel up to date now?

1 comment:

The Beane's said...

This is a cute idea! I'm sure I've left a lot out that I have once blogged about.

I am taking photography classes right now (we may have the same camera...) and they are really neat. Last night was aperature, shutter speed, and exposure. You'll be fine :) Can't wait to see the pics!