Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 24: [Red Face]

This is the twenty-fourth day of 'Lacey's More Funner 30 Days of Blogging' which I talked about here. I am trying really hard to catch back up, but the end is in sight....

DAY 24: WRITE ABOUT YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT

Do you ever play the ABC game on road trips? It's the one where you and other car-mates have to race to find words that start with the letter's A-Z on road signs. But you do get one 'skip' to use at some point in the alphabet, which is usually saved for the letter X. Cause finding a Xylophone Store or an X-ray Office advertised along the interstate is next to impossible. So, you skip X.

That's kinda what I want to do with Day 24, skip X. This dumb topic has held me up for 6 days now, and everyday I come back to it hoping to finish it so I can post it plus the other 6 blogs that follow it and I just can't finish it.

I think it's because I don't know if I have a most embarrassing moment. Since I don't get embarrassed nearly as much as I used to, the moments that would have been embarrassing to the old Lacey are just laughed off and forgotten these days with the new Lacey. But, here are a couple of embarrassing moments from old Lacey...it's honestly ALL I can come up with.


Middle school was rough for everyone, I think. Luckily for me, I only had 2 years of it because the school system changed from having junior high schools (grades 7-9) to having middle schools (grades 6-8) while I was in the 8th grade. So, I didn't get a middle school graduation, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my story. Moving on...


Anyways, I was walking out to the bus one day with my friend Kelly, and somehow my feet got all tangled up with each other and I tripped. I didn't fall on my face, but did manage to land on my knees....which caused my jeans to rip (and holey-kneed jeans were NOT in style at the time, FYI) and me to skin my knees. So there I am in 7th grade, kneeling on the sidewalk, jeans ripped and knees bleeding while hundreds of other middle schoolers are walking to their buses around me. I think Kelly laughed a little (but who can blame her, I can't help but to laugh when people trip too), and since this was before the Lacey that laughs WITH everyone, I was mortified. & that's probably the reason I still remember it to this day...and I doubt anyone else even does.

Or then there was that time at an extended family cookout at my dad's aunt's lake house. We were all fixing our plates and sitting down to eat. As I was walking back to my seat in the sun room (which was separated from the kitchen by a sliding glass door), I, you guessed it, walked smack into the door while all of my family looked on from outside. I picture it in my memory as having my plate in my hand, walking towards the (obviously very clean) sliding glass door, and the plate folding up against my chest, but I'm not sure if it was that dramatic or not. I think it's just the embarrassment of the situation making my mind think it was worse than it was.

But that's all I've got. Maybe your embarrassing stories are worse than mine. Care to share??

1 comment:

The Beane's said...

awwwwww! I'm sorry I laughed
=)
At least your embarrassing stories aren't too bad!