Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 19: Roses are Red

This is the nineteenth day of 'Lacey's More Funner 30 Days of Blogging' which I talked about here. I'm more than halfway through....

DAY 19: WRITE A POEM


I am glad this little 30-day blog experiment is finally giving me the chance to share some of my poetry. I'm a poet, and I bet you didn't know it. I've been thinking about taking this one to a poetry reading one night so let me know what you think! Here's what I have so far:


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth


How are you liking it so far? It's good, right?

Or if you aren't liking that one, I am also working on another one that starts:


One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.


I can't decide which one is better.

But, since neither of those are quite finished I guess it's only fair to give you another poem that I have finished. So, I give you, "Milkshake."


Tonight we went to get a shake
(the kind which takes some milk to make)
From the golden arches down the road
(It's called fast food, or so I'm told)

We pulled into the parking lot
And the drive thru line was moving..not
So we pulled into a parking space
To order inside at a faster pace

But a couple of issues we soon fared
Cause for going inside we weren't prepared
John had no shoes upon his feet
And I had on no bra to cover my .... (s)

But our milkshake endeavor did not stop
As I handed John my two flip flops
And he left to make his way inside
To buy a shake for his fair bride.

Tick tock, tick tock, where did he go?
It seems inside was just as slow
5, 10, 15 minutes now
What's taking so long - having to milk the cow?

But finally he came back to me
Looking as angry as a bee
But it took one sip out of the straw
Chocolate milkshakes solve it all.

No comments: