Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 15: You lucky dog, you.

This is the fifteenth day of 'Lacey's More Funner 30 Days of Blogging' which I talked about here. I'm halfway through....

DAY 15: WRITE ABOUT HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO BE YOU

Did I honestly pick this as one of my topics for my 30 days? Bleh. Totally not my style. But, I guess I gotta do it.

I'm lucky to have such wonderful family and friends and blah blah blah...but you already knew that. But did you know all of these lucks:

  • When I was 8 years old, I won a coloring contest sponsored by a small bakery. I won a stuffed animal of some sort and I wanna say it was orange. Lucky me!
  • I called in to the radio and won 2 tickets to see the premiere of some Jim Carrey movie. I didn't hear what the contest was for because I just turned the radio on when they said to call. So I called and won! Then I was disappointed with the lame-o prize so I never went to get it.
  • I went through a streak a couple of years ago of winning tons of stuff through the radio station's websites...movie tickets, concert tickets, Christmas Ornaments, etc.
  • The first time I went to the dog tracks I was too young to bet myself. But, I'm sure the fact that I was there helped my dad to win $97 on his very first ticket ever purchased.
  • During college I worked at a large department store in the Juniors department. At the time, rewards for doing well (getting people to sign up for credit cards, having high sales $$, etc.) was called "Gratis." This was basically picking out an outfit and them writing it off. I am lucky to have worked with for a lady that took this concept a little too far. Lucky for me (and John) and our wardrobes, not so lucky for her when she got fired shortly after I left!
  • I found a penny today, heads up.

And lucky for you, this is over.

No comments: