Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Colt!

Oh, well hello there Colt!

Today my "baby" brother turns 26!

Since he is the sibling of mine that is closest to me in age, we were always pretty close. We even shared a room from as long as I can remember until I was 10 years old; at which point the oldest sis got married, moved out and freed up a bedroom so we were able to spread out a bit.

While we were bedroom roommates, we took bedroom cleanliness very seriously. Okay, that's a lie, but when we did clean our room we made it perfectly fair...or so he thought. We would stretch a jump rope out to divide the room in half and each had to clean up our half. Little does he know that before we'd begin cleaning, I'd strategically place some of the tougher things to clean up (think Legos, puzzles, games etc....anything with tons of tiny pieces!) on his half and then I'd lay the jump rope down. He never questioned why one half of the room was always so much messier than the other. One benefit of being an older sibling, I suppose! I never told him, and I don't believe he reads my blog so we'll just keep that our little secret, mmkay?

When we were young, he did everything I did. Including avoiding nearly all foods except pop tarts, french fries, and bologna for the majority of his childhood. Sorry I led you astray little brother!

When I dug monster giant holes in the beach, he dug monster giant holes in the beach. And then together we'd connect our giant monster holes to create a gianter monsterer hole! We were a great team!


When we were older and in high school, he was always with me. We drove around making up silly car dances to the Beastie Boys and performed our dance at stop lights. Thinking back now, I'm hoping he was enjoying it as much as I did...but if not, he was great at pretending to enjoy it so I didn't look like the only dancing fool!

When my friends were over and we wanted to sing karaoke to the Backstreet Boys, Colt would always be a good sport and sing along. With me being his ride to high school for his freshman and sophomore years, he heard those Backstreet Boys CDs so many times that I'm pretty sure he had them all memorized. When we weren't forcing him to sing Backstreet Boys, he could also do a mean Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing."

Colt is such a kind-hearted, FUNNY, hard-headed, lovable brother. I was told once that everyone should have a Colt in their lives, and it's true. He's irreplaceable, he's my baby brother "Bubba" & I can't wait to see him with his own baby in a few months!


Hope you had a most wonderful 26th birthday, Colt! I love you!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Awww, I just got teary eyed! Wow! We do have a great brother!! So funny to look at those pictures and Seth looks just like Colt to me in these pics! Love the pics of him fishing on lot 613 too! Awesome!!