Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Me!

I know, I know, it doesn't seem like it's already time for an anniversary. Time goes by so fast, doesn't it?!

But John didn't forget, and for our (seven month) anniversary yesterday he gave me this:

Okay, so maybe it wasn't for our (seven month) anniversary, and maybe I didn't even realize that it was our (seven month) anniversary until just now but what other reason would I get such a nice gift on a random Monday in May?

Just cause, that's why!

I am one step closer to becoming a 'for real' blogger, cause everyone knows all of the 'for real' bloggers have nice cameras and even nicer pictures. My favorites are her, her and her, but there are lots more.

(And please don't mind my wet hair in that picture; there was no time to be blow drying when I had a new toy to play with!)

I'll keep the training wheels on it for a while - A.K.A. the "auto" mode - but I plan on buying this and learning all there is to know about it so I can have way awesomer pictures to share.

So while John worked out last night, I got my workout in by running around the house taking a million pictures of anything and everything.

I tried to learn by just using it and referencing the manual here and there, but it's looking like I'm gonna need a lil bit more help than that.

But I did master the concept of the focal point I think. Pretty easy, it seems, at least when the subject is staying still and not running towards me. (AHEM, take note Reese and Tuna!)

So I'll play around some more tonight and then when I get sick of that, I'll play with my other gift I got yesterday:

And it's only fitting that I got these lovely gifts...after all today IS Christmas in May. Did you finish your shopping yet?

5 comments:

The Beane's said...

Yay! That's the same camera I have! I love it! Have fun :)

Lacey said...

Oh is it? I wondered how all your pictures always looked so nice! I'm adding you to my list of favorite 'for real' bloggers. :D

Joy said...

I want ONE!!!!! :-( Take some pretty pictures of my babies!! happy anniversary (kind of)

Claudia said...

What kind of camera is it? I am looking into a nice new camera. I have a regualr digital one. Thank you :)

Lacey said...

Claudia...it's a Nikon D5000. Supposed to be good for beginners!