Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Un-tell

Well, we knew this was a possibility when we elected to tell so early. So now, the un-tell.

(This is hard to write, but not for the reason you are thinking. I have a hard time saying anything serious, so don't hold it against me if I am witty or heaven forbid I say a joke or two here and there. I'm not being insensitive to the issue, it's just my personality and the way we choose to deal with things.)

We are very disappointed, but we will not be expecting a baby this December any longer. Baby was fed up with the growing process and stopped at about 6 weeks & 1 day. I don't blame him; growing is hard work and not all of us are cut out to do it! Baby is still very much attached to me though, as I'm pretty attached to the thought of "baby" as well. Baby should be moving out sometime soon, either naturally or with the help of some 'scripts from the pharmacy.

Like I said before, we are both disappointed, but at the same time we had a feeling something wasn't right. When I mentioned that there was some confusion over the timing, we had been to our first ultrasound appointment which should have been an eight week appointment. But baby only measured six weeks. There was a possibility that my female workings took a two week vacation that month and I was just behind, but I am a strict boss and don't give 2 week vacations so that just didn't seem right to me.

But, we kept our hopes up just in case and waited 2 additional weeks for the next appointment, which was today - just 2 hours ago actually. This ultrasound showed the exact same thing as last time, so then we knew. Baby wasn't meant to be this time.

I know this is something that is typically private and dealt with between just family, but, if you know me at all you know that secrets are not my thing. And internalizing things isn't my thing either. So since I shared the good news, it's only fair to share the bad.

Don't be afraid to mention it to me or struggle with finding the right words to say - we're okay, really! We'll just try again when we're ready! And this time, I have a handy-dandy calendar to use to my advantage...and we'll try to cook up a girl-type next time! Which, according to calculations looks like July, August or October. Perhaps?? We'll see!

So now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Which, I think I can safely mention now without anyone calling DSS on me for preventative action...

...Did you know that these sweet little precious babies grow up into children that need parenting and guidance?! While I was all for the babyness of it all, that other stuff was not appealing to me at all so I can almost breathe a sigh of relief. Those kid-creatures are no joke!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Again, I am so sorry Lacey :-( I know you are very disappointed but God has a plan, that is for sure. Praying for you and glad that you are handling it so well! You are SUCH a trooper!!

Love you!

Joy

The Beane's said...

I am so sorry to hear about this Lacey! You guys are in my prayers.

Missy said...

Oh I'm so sorry Lacey! But you have a great attitude and when it's meant to be, it will be, good luck!

The Melton's said...

May God continue to give you strength and peace at this time. I will certainly pray for you. His plan is too divine to ever question!