Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Lindsay and Lori!

6 years ago today, two little blond beauties were born into my family - Lindsay and Lori. They are my sweet, precious nieces and I love them to pieces!

They were born a few months early, and were tee-tiny, itty bitty little things. These days, they are the biggest six-year olds I know. STOP GROWING! Please?!

Lori was born first and is a spunky, sassy, sweet, boy-crazy (I know! At age 6!), daredevil extraordinaire.


Lindsay is more shy, but is sweet, sensitive, caring, girly, and a definite Daddy's girl.



I love them as if they were my own! (And if sister Joy doesn't keep her eye on them, there might just be a thievery!)

Tonight we'll celebrate their SIXTH birthday. So amazing how fast time flies. I was going to put pictures up throughout all six years, but you just can't beat baby pictures.

So baby pictures it is:








I hope my baby is as sweet and precious as you two are!

And speaking of my baby, I did break the news to them last night and they didn't seem to believe me when I told them they were going to have a new cousin. This was how the conversation went:

Me: You girls need to stop growing up! We're just going to have to have a new baby in this family.

Them: YAY! We'll be big sisters!

Me: Nooo, not big sisters, but how would you feel about a new cousin?!

Lori: (obviously thinking my sister Christy was the one going to have the new baby) Umm, three kids are a lot to handle.

Me: No silly! I'm going to have a baby!

Them: (dazed and confused and looking at my lack-of-belly) Nuh-uhh.

Hopefully they are okay with not being the babies in the family for much longer. They are going to be the best big cousins ever!

Happy 6th Birthday Lindsay and Lori!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

aww so cute!

Joy said...

Awww, thank you Aunt Lacey for such a sweet post for my angels!! I am still in shock that they are 6 years old and especially now that you put up their baby pictures! Wow, they have come a LONG way!! They are so blessed to have such a wonderful Aunt (actually 2 of them) and we are so thankful!! I can't wait (and they cannot once they believe you! LOL) to meet your baby and hopefully it will cure my baby fever :-)

Joy