Thursday, March 25, 2010

"The Best Laid Plans...

...of mice and men often go awry." - Robert Burns ("To A Mouse")

Alternate Titles:

Mock Me Now

If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them

I Have ANOTHER Secret


But, not to worry, I'm clearly not good at keeping secrets so the word is out: We're having a baby!



I feel like I can officially take the training wheels off of this blog. When you read blogs, as I do, you quickly realize that 95% of them are written by mommies. I'm surprised Blogger allowed me to sign up without having that prerequisite. And not that I plan on letting the mommi-ness completely take over the blog, but I'm afraid that somehow or another some mommy stories will creep their way in.

John and I had planned on children, but the plan was to wait a year or so. God had other plans I suppose. And who am I to question God's plan, but, He may have momentarily forgotten who He was dealing with here. Is He sure He wants us to be parents??

Regardless, it's gonna happen. And here are my plans for this pregnancy. Cause so far making plans has worked out so well for me, so why wouldn't these work out??

1. I am going to sail through pregnancy easy as pie. No sickness, no mood swings, and no sleep interference.

2. I am not going to get fat all over. Just a cute little basketball belly and that is all.

3. I am still going to abide by my clothing OCD-ness. No repeating of outfits within the same month.

4. People are still gonna wanna hang out with me. Right? right? hello, is anyone here? right???

(I must really like people mocking me because I continue to give them ammunition. )

Our family and friends know, and now the entire www knows. And here are some of my favorite responses received yet:

(from a friend whose girlfriend is pregnant): "Looks like there's something in the water." - Daniel
"Congratulations! We have a dd for the next 9 months!" - Drew B.

"Booooo. JK. Congrats."
to which I replied: "Boo is right, I just ruined my whole summer!"
and he replied: "Summer? Shit. More like the next 18 years." - from one of my very best friends, Matt. Such loving words.

So, here goes nothing...

4 comments:

Joy said...

I was anxioulsy awaiting this post today!!! Yay!! Yes, you will be mocked and I was JUST talking to Tammy here at work about your spreadsheet and what ever will you do!! LOL!!! I am SUPER excited and happy for you and John and secretly I hope there are two babies in there!! :-) Cannot WAIT to read your posts through the next 18 years!!! Woo Hoo!!

Joy said...

*anxiously

Susan K. said...

Lacey,

This is too funny! I hope those "plans" work out for you, but if they don't...don't be dissapointed, because it happens to the best of us. Best of luck!

Susan

The Beane's said...

Congratulations!! When are you due?? That is so exciting! Good luck with those plans =)