I have never been a fan of the purse. Carried stuff in my pockets as much as possible for as long as I could. (Not bulgy stuff, just cash/cards) When it became absolutely imperative that I carry a purse, I could never think of anything to put in it except my wallet and keys. And I would do just that.
Oh how things have changed.
I still don't like a purse, necessarily. But, it's a necessity these days. Especially since I commute on the train for 25 minutes in the mornings and afternoons, I need stuff to fill up that time. And so, the longer I've been in the working world, the larger my purse has become. It's still not super-mondo gigantic size like many ladies' I see, but larger than I'd prefer. Which is my only explanation for ALL of this stuff:
But in order to take a picture of it all I had to stand back a bit and you can't really see everything that was in that mustard bag.
So, broken in to 3 sets, here are the innards of my purse:
1. (2) Beaded Black Necklaces
2. Lovely pair of gloves from the faraway land of Alaska
3. Empty glasses/sunglasses case
4. Prescription sunglasses that belong in #3, but spend more time actually swimming around in my purse freely
6. Dollar bills, y'all. $12 to be exact. Don't mug me! (You would think this would be in a wallet, but no. It floats around freely. George and Abraham told me they didn't like being locked up inside a wallet.)
7. Le old fashioned check book.
8. Work Badge
9. Purse Litter, including lots of receipts, several grocery store lists, and goes as far back as Christmas lists...eek!
10. Make-up bag
11. Rubbermaid container that contained breakfast this morning. Which was (if you must know) a delicious and nutritious turkey bacon, egg, and cheese english muffin, slightly toasted, prepared by my lovely husband who got up to make it for me on his day off. (Awww!)
14. Change purse/Carryover for cards that don't fit in wallet
15. Earrings - Lots of times I get sick of wearing them halfway through the day and just toss them in. I'm happy to report that I still have both earrings for all (4) pairs.
16. Pen, and quite possibly the hardest thing to find while digging
17. Fingernail Clippers
18. Clear nail polish in case of an emergency run in tights, on one of the few days a month that I actually wear tights
20. Lidless Tide-2-Go pen
21. Mesh bag for headphones, which clearly I'm too lazy to use
22. Homeless pen cap
25. Various plastic cutlery
26. Current read: "Love the One You're With" by Emily Giffin
27. Lid for Tide-2-Go pen
28. Gold Pond itch relief cream...which has been in my purse since the Daytona vacation last August when I was eaten alive by no-see-ums. Last time I used it also, but ya never know when you might get an untameable itch!
29. Face Lotion
30. Victoria's Secret Lip Gloss
31. Travel sized sunscreens, 1 for face and 1 for body
32. Hand Sanitizer
33. Various hair thingys: bobby pins, barrette and ponytail holders
34. Vitamin C drops and a mint.
So that's all. Not that much at all, right? Righhhhttttt.
I promise I didn't omit anything...I showed it all to ya!!
But on the plus side, this did make me clean out and reduce the amount of junk I carry around on a daily basis. I decided I could do without 2 of the bobby pins and a couple receipts. Feels so much lighter already!
Am I the only one with this much crap in my purse?