Monday, December 28, 2009

Hot Diggity Dog

Unfortunately for me, I took too many extravagant, luxurious vacations this year and used up all of my vacation days. Therefore, I am one of the few people it seems that are actually working this week. (Well, I worked today, and then tomorrow and Wednesday. Sucks for the rest of you that work Thursday too! Ha!)

So since there aren't many people working, I don't feel the need to dress as dressy as usual. Today I donned some lovely and comfortable American Eagle khakis with some equally as lovely brown suede American Eagle flats. Sounds lovely so far, right?

Well, as leaving the restroom on my way out of work today and walking past the mirror, I caught a quick glimpse of my whole outfit and thought "Hot Dog". Do you see it?


(Please excuse the missing head in the photo...I wasn't particularly fond of my hair or my lack of make-up today, so I just went ahead and cropped that out. Think of it as me doing my best "Nanny" from the Muppet Babies impersonation!)

So anyways, as I'm sure you noticed, my new coat (Thanks Santa!) is the ketchup, my pants the bun, my purse the mustard, brown shoes is the actual dog, perhaps, and then if you can tell, my sweater was a army greenish color, which we could say is relish. Do you think that's what everybody thought when they saw me today ? "Hot dog, hot dog, gettttchur hot dog!"

I know what you are going to say... "If you hadn't pointed it out I never would have seen it! But now that you said something I'm going to think of a hot dog every time I see you!" Well, that's all fine and dandy. I just wanted to make sure I was the first to laugh at myself....because if you can't laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at? (And don't say me!)

2 comments:

Joy said...

oh my gosh!! I just laughed out loud! You are too much and no, my imagine is not as good as yours I guess because I would not have thought hot dog but like you said I will from now on :-)

Christy said...

You, my dear sister are a nut! But a very funny nut!