Monday, December 28, 2009

2009

I have been wanting to do one of these "2009: year in review" thingies like a lot of other bloggers are doing, but hadn't found one that I really wanted to use/copy until this one. And the one I did last year with the pictures was way too complicated/time consuming, so maybe I'll just add some pictures here and there...what do you think? Regardless of what you think, I'm gonna do it anyways! :-Þ

So anyways, this was my 2009 (and sorry so many of them are wedding related, it sort of consumed a big part of 2009!):

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Got married! (And as fun as it was, I never want to do it again!)




2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make any resolutions in 2009, but I have quite the long list for 2010.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Just yesterday, one of our favorite couples in the world, Doug and Andrea gave birth to a baby boy, Dylan! (Dylan is actually camouflaged by John's tux and Andrea's dress...but he's there!)



4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?

The Dominican Republic on our honeymoon!




6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

A friend vacation!

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Easy one: October 24th, our wedding day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Accomplishing my goal of losing 15 pounds, and then some.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Coming in 2nd in Fantasy Football yesterday. Would have been so awesome to win, but I had to go and stink it up in the very last game. 2nd place is the first loser. :(

And yes, that really is my BIGGEST failure! I don't fail very often it seems!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I had *ONE* cold in all of 2009...and that was it! Fingers crossed for a just-as-healthy 2010!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Our new car, Gracie.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My brother. Although not for the whole year, but the last few months, I'd say more than make up for it just to have him back again.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Obama. I'll leave it at that.

14. Where did most of your money go?

The mortgage, obviously, but also making a big dent in paying off our credit card debt. I think 2010 might just be the last year of it!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

I don't get "really, really, really excited" about much, but I guess my vacations this year: Myrtle Beach, Daytona Beach and especially the Dominican Republic because I get pretty excited to fly somewhere!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

Several, but I'll go with a non-wedding one.

"I'm On A Boat", by Lonely Island. CAUTION: Very bad language for those of you with sensitive ears, and if you aren't in to rap music, you probably won't get the parody so don't bother watching the video! But this song reminds me of so many fun nights this past summer! Some of 'em we really were on a boat!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Happier...John has a new job after getting laid off in August, and he's much happier, which makes us much happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner...yay!
c) richer or poorer? Probably about the same, actually....

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

More hanging out with some of my girl friends that I always seem to lose touch with.

(Please ignore the goofy guy in the picture on the left...I actually see him all the time! :) )
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worrying. I'm such a worrier. Got it from my Mama!

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With my lovely family, as usual. Christmas Eve at my sister Christy's house for dinner and Christmas Gift bingo, and Christmas day at my mom's for brunch and presents.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Nope, happened 6 years before 2009...

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Hard to pick just one, but since the ending of Survivor's fall season sucked I'm going to go with the summer season of SYTYCD.

This was my favorite dance from that season, and if you don't know, the dance was about addiction, and the guy, Kupono, was the addiction while the girl, Kayla was the addictee. (Is that even a word? (Spell check says no, but you are smart enough to know what I'm talking about, right??)





23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't hate anyone, so no!

24. What was the best book you read?

As I might have mentioned before, I have memory issues so I'm just going to go with one that I actually remember because I just finished it about a week ago... "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. (GIffin, not GRIffin)

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Re-discovering and loving country music! Favorite song at the moment (that I seriously never hear!),"I'm Alive" by Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews.

26. What did you want and get?

A Kitchen Aid mixer! Wahoo! Thanks Santa!!

27. What did you want and not get?

I honestly can't think of anything! I'm spoiled, I suppose!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

It might have come out in 2008, but we just rented it this year, so Slumdog Millionaire.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 27 this year, as my blog header clearly states...PAY ATTENTION! And for the first year of my adult life, I didn't celebrate with a party or a night out. I just didn't feel like it in my old age. I celebrated with my family a couple of days early, on Easter and had birthday cake there. Then, on the actual day, I worked and then went wedding dress shopping.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

One million dollars.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Ummm, hot doggish?

32. What kept you sane?

I'm going to go with a really generic answer and say friends and family. But it's true!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

??? I don't think I fancied any celebrity!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Healthcare.

35. Who did you miss?

Umm, nobody? Everybody seems to live within a few miles of me so it makes it a little bit difficult to miss anyone.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Some of John's family on our wedding day, can't pick just one!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

First, I learned I should probably take that clothes sorting thing seriously.

Second, always wash new clothes by themselves for the first time. Especially ones that are a bright purpley blue. Especially when you also have many light colored pairs of undies in the same load. Don't say I didn't warn you.

38. What are you looking forward to in 2010?

It's a secret!
And vacations, always looking forward to the next vacation!

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me, I'd like to thank my lucky stars that I'm alive and well...

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
Now I'm alive and well
Yeah I'm alive and well

~Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews, "I'm Alive"

3 comments:

Joy said...

that was great!!! Love that you named your car Gracie!! Awesome!!

The Beane's said...

I might just have to steal this :)

I love that song too!!

Lacey said...

Kelly...feel free! I would love to read other people's!