Sunday, August 16, 2009

Good News, Bad News



Good news! Thanks to Facebook, I have started talking and keeping in touch with an old friend, CJ! We were best friends in high school, but over the years talked less and less sadly.

Good news! CJ and I made plans to have lunch and catch up today!

Good news! I went to the Hurt concert last night and had a really great time!

Bad news. We all had a really REALLY great time and had to phone-a-friend to take us home, therefore leaving our car in the concert's parking lot.

Good news! We all made it home safely!

Good news! We do have another vehicle in the form of a motorcycle, so John said he would take me to get the car on the motorcycle. (Mama, you didn't read that.)

Good news! I woke up in time and got ready to meet CJ precisely at 1:00.

Bad news. We look out of the window at 12:00 and it was raining. Uh-oh.

Good news! It stopped raining!

Good news! We are on our way to get the car, and then for me to go meet CJ.

Bad news. We see rain in the distance.

Good news! We turn off of the rainy road to a sunnier road and decided to go another way instead!

Bad news. It starts raining on the sunnier road too. And hard.

Good news! We pull off to a gas station and park to wait out the rain.

Bad news. The rain isn't stopping. It is POURING. I need to call CJ to tell her I'm going to be late.

Bad news. My speaker on my phone is strangely not working. CJ can hear me, but I can just barely hear her. I manage to tell her the bad news though.

Good news! CJ is super nice and is going to wait for me!

Bad news. The rain hasn't stopped, but has let up quite a bit. We decide we better go now if we want to make it.

Bad news. It starts POURING again. John is getting pelted by the rain drops so we have to stop again at another gas station.

Good news! I'm not really that wet! I was hunkering down behind John the whole time and really was pretty much dry.

Bad news. It won't. stop. raining. We are within 5 miles of the concert venue, but the road to get there looks very very rainy. We are also now seeing lightning.

Good news! The rain pretty much stops! We get back on our way!

Bad news. You guessed it, it started pouring again.

Bad news. We start hitting every single red light. This is when I start to get wet.

Good news! We made it! I wish John a safe and dry ride home and I'm off!

Good news! My car links with my cell phone so I'm able to call CJ and hear her this time and tell her I'm on the way!

Good news! My car is super fancy and even has heat! I crank the heat all the way up in order to dry myself before I get to the restaurant!

Good news! I'm wearing a shirt with a camisole underneath, so I take off the top shirt and lay it over the vent! It will be dry in no time!

Bad news. Turning the heat on while it's raining outside makes the windows fog up. I'm forced to switch back and forth between heat/defrost all the way to the restaurant.

Good news! Besides some pesky traffic, I make it to the restaurant on time. John calls me to tell me he was home safe also.

Good news! My speaker on my phone works again!

Good news! CJ and I have a great healthy lunch and a long chat and we promise to not lose touch again!

Good news (for you)! This longest blog post ever is finally over!

No comments: