Monday, August 31, 2009

Family Vacation - Take 2

Remember how I told you I have memory problems? Well, apparently I went on a second family vacation this year. We supposedly went to Daytona for a week earlier this month...earlier as in August 1st through the 8th. All I have left from this vacation are some pictures to help me jog my memory of what exactly we did. I'll just try to remember what we did based on these pictures. Here goes....

This day was apparently spent taking pictures of my dad and my sister's dog Sissy. We must not have stopped taking pictures until they were both smiling and posing just right:



This day, we are trying to play hide and seek in the stacks of inner tubes. At this exact moment I bet we were trying to figure out how to hoist my nephew Vince up and into the tallest stack of inner tubes:



I guess the hiding spot was SO good that my dad and nephew Seth sat down and gave up. They look distraught that they are unable to find Vince! If they just would've taken a couple more inner tubes off of that stack I bet they would have found him!



This day looks really bad. We all must have fallen and hurt our butts and had to get those butt donuts. In order to disguise our butt donut embarrASSment, we decided to take a little float down a perfectly clear 72 degree spring-fed stream....allegedly.



Spring water must be like healing water! All of us are now healed except poor little Seth!



This day, my fear of crabs must have been in full effect. Here I am with my sister and mom, and I'm wearing tennis shoes on the beach so the crabs cannot get my toes.


This day we must have all been impatient and/or hungry. We went out to breakfast and decided instead of waiting for our food, we'd just make our own pancakes at our table. That was awfully rude of us.



This day, I was feeling like I should show off my strength a bit. Believe it or not, but each of those girls weigh 165 pounds! As you can see, carrying 330 pounds of girly girls does not even cause me to break a sweat!
This night must have been my night to stay up and man the lookout station. We took turns staying up all night and making sure that no sea turtles or crabs were trying to break in. Don't mind what looks like daylight out of the window...I'm sure that was just the flash from the camera making it look that way. Because if I was looking out of the window through binoculars during the day, clearly I would be labeled a creep...and we all know that isn't the case.


And finally, this day we must have been thinking if those extra 3 family members were with us, we would never have been able to fit them in this family picture!

Hope you enjoyed my vacation as much as I think I did!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You are too funny! Looks like you had a good time =)

Joy said...

You crack me up!! Especially at how you told EVERYONE about our need for butt tubes... Thanks A LOT!!! UGH!!