Monday, June 15, 2009

2 weeks later...

So I took a two week hiatus from blogging. Don't hate. Let's get you caught up on me. This is gonna be a long one so buckle up...

~So my last blog post was about getting in better shape for the beach. That lasted for 4 days. Eating right SUCKS. And you know what sucks even more? Exercising. The word alone makes me cringe.

~June 2nd must have sucked cause I don't remember one thing about that day.

~June 3rd was a two hour long SYTYCD!!!!!! (So You Think You Can Dance, for you people not in the know.) This show is my absolute favorite and after watching each episode I mistakenly think I too can dance like those people. The mirror however, is quick to prove me wrong each Wednesday and Thursday nights.

~June 4th was more SYTYCD! The top 20 was picked this night and my early favorites are Brandon, I think Kayla, Phillip and Janette.

~June 5th was a big day. I took the day off of work because I had court for my speeding ticket that morning and then my friend Matt's birthday that night.

Court sucked and I not only got to pay court costs of $121, but I also get to waste four hours of my life (tomorrow night) in driving school, which also will cost me an additional $50. You are welcome Mecklenburg County.

Then that night, we went to see a local band Sunny Ledfurd at this hole in the wall type place appropriately called, The Knothole. Unfortunately for Matt, he is not in either of (what I consider) the best pictures from the night. Sucks for you Matthew...hope you remember your birthday on your own! What's that you say? You don't remember it? Hmm, that's odd.


~June 6th I did some more concerting and went to see No Doubt! I'm pretty sure everyone I went with only went because the tickets were just $10 and left me by myself to scream every word to every song. They clearly were not die hard fans such as myself. Gwen was AWESOME and only would've been awesomer if she would have brought out Gavin, Kingston or Zuma.

~June 7th had to have been a lazy day after two concerts in a row.

~June 8th I worked as usual during the day, then went to a dermatology appointment where I lost a small chunk of my leg because of some abnormal mole, but gained three stitches, and then rushed over to Cajun Canvas to meet my sisters for some painting. We had never been there before but it was awesome and we are all quitting our jobs to become full time artists because we discovered our talent:

My sister Christy's:
My sister Joy's:
and mine:

~June 9th was a normal day except my department at work went out to eat and one person in particular decided to order our entire departments food for us. And not because he/she's the nicest person in the world and knows us all so well that he/she knew what we wanted, but just because he/she's rude.

~June 10th I went out to dinner at Salsarita's with my little bro Colt. We went shopping afterwards and I bought a new Wii game that Colt highly recommended called Rayman something or other, but I have yet to even open it. I think I am officially a grown-up now because this is the first time I didn't rush home to open my new game (I LOVE opening new things) and play with it right then. This adult stuff sucks.

~June 11th that same he/she talked about above wore the following to work: black tank equipped with bra straps showing, s t r e t c h ankle length skirt that didn't quite make it to the ankles, white, I repeat, WHITE tights with some sort of a flowered texture design on them, and black cloggy shoes. Now, I know I'm being a mean girl, but how could someone EVER rationalize wearing a tank top with pantyhose of any kind, much less white tights!! And who over the age of 10 wears white tights?! And did I mention tanks are a no-no according to the official dress code? And did I also mention it was 90 degrees that day? Sheesh.

~June 12th John, Matt, Drew and I went to a bar that a friend bartends at , excuse me, at which a friend bartends. I really need to be careful where I put that preposition at.

~June 13th was my brother's 25th bday! Happy Bday Colt!!


~June 14th, yesterday, was the day we actually celebrated my brother's bday. Happy Birthday Again Colt!

Check out his bowl cut, and my Bart Simpson shirt. And quit trying to blow out my candles Colt! Not much has changed between us...

~Today, June 15th, I am re-dying some of my black clothes black, and while I wait I am catching up the ole blog. I am hoping you are still reading because it took me a freaking hour to type all this junk! But it beats the alternative....John's at softball tonight and thinks I'm home cleaning! Ha! Sucker!!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

What an exciting two weeks! Ok, that outfit you described sounds hideous!!! You may want to fill her in :-) Our painting are SO great and now that I have to take down all of the pictures of the girls in my house so that nobody gets distracted from the beauty of the house (LOL) I need MORE artwork so we must go again!!