Friday, May 15, 2009

5 Things

Lately it seems everyone is doing the "pick your five" things on facebook. I did participate in a couple of those, but have since quit because applications are seriously polluting facebook! But, I still think these are fun to do so I'll pollute my own blog instead. Plus, this way I get to write commentary which I know everyone is dying to read. So here goes...

5 Toys Which Remind You of Your Childhood

1. Fashion Plates - Hand-me-down toy from my sisters who are 8 and 12 years older than me, so all of my childhood I drew out of style fashion models. But fun nonetheless!

2. Waffle Town - My brother and I spent days and days making towns and playing with them. My parents still have these in their garage in case I my kids ever want to play with them again.

3. Cabbage Patch Kids - You know how you could mail back the birth certificate and change their names? Well I never did. I know two of my babies were named Aldo and Muriel. Beautiful, just beautiful names.

4. Hot Wheels - I remember asking Santa one year for him to ONLY bring me Hot Wheels cars. He didn't listen, probably because I already had hundreds of them. And just so you know, Hot Wheels were WAY better than Matchbox.

5. Perler Beads - Such a delicate art of standing up little beads on a pegboard to make designs, which you would iron to melt the plastic together. What did you do with them after you were done, you ask? Never did figure out the answer to that question...

Favorite Candy
1. Reese's Cups

2. Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Squares

3. Kit Kats

4. Peanut Butter Twix

5. Cookies and Cream Hershey Bars

Umm, no commentary needed here. Pretty self-explanatory...I love chocolate.


5 Things You Hate That Everyone Else Seems to Love


1. Fake tanning. And not just because I'm the whitest white girl ever (although that probably did help when forming my opinion), but because I have seen so many people that start tanning and it becomes like a drug. "Oh I'm still so white, I need to tan more!" It doesn't look good when you get so burnt orangey! Trust me! And then, you may look like this lady we saw at the beach last year when you get older...and I know you don't wanna look like this:


2. Coffee. It just doesn't taste good! It is one of the few things that I think smell really good but the taste...ick!

3. Grey's Anatomy. Or let's broaden this even wider and say all sitcoms/drama shows. I don't know why, I used to like these shows. But along came reality TV and stole my heart. I feel like I am cheating on reality TV if I watch these shows. But everyone else seems to love them...about half of my friends' statuses today on FB had to do with Grey's.

4. Exercising. I HATE to exercise. I am just unathletic and always feel like I'm doing it wrong. But everyone else seems to love it...the gym parking lots are always packed! I wish I loved this one.

5. The ocean. I love the beach, but the ocean is so scary! There are creepy crawly squishy things all in that water, not to mention attack seaweed! Once, I was out in the ocean (before I was skeeeerrrreedd of it) wearing a bikini where the bottoms had the tie strings on either side, and some ATTACK SEAWEED started attacking my legs!! I kicked and kicked to get it off of me, until I had finally escaped it's fury, only to see my bathing suit bottoms floating away. Oops, guess that was just my bathing suit strings that time.

So that's the only good ones I saw today...if I see some more I might do a '5 Things Part 2'! Isn't that exciting!!? I know you can't wait!

No comments: